Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan has launched the new “Kamyab Jawan Programme” across the nation to provide easy loan to the young population to help them start their own business. Rs100 billion have been allocated for youth loans under the programme
The programme, comprising of six schemes, is targeted towards citizens between the ages of 18 and 45. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government has decided to uplift country,s youth population which played a great role in the success of PTI. Pakistan has a large number of young entrepreneurs, who can expand their businesses with the help of these loans.
Rs100 billion have been allocated for youth loans under the programme. Loans will be provided between Rs10,000 to Rs5,000,000 by the banks, benefiting an estimated over 1 million Pakistani youth.
The National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), Bank of Punjab & Bank of Khyber will execute the program under the guidance of State Bank of Pakistan. Furthermore, SBP will also advise other commercial banks for participation in the program.
The programme, comprising of six schemes, This loan is offered under “YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP SCHEME (YES!)” is targeted towards citizens between the ages of 18 and 45.
The loan programme is divided into three categories, loan up-to 1 lac rupees would be interest free, Loan of rupee 100,000 to 500,000 will be given with 6% interest rate, third and last tier offers 5-50 lacs Rs loan with the interest rate of 8% per annum. The loan will be offered for 8 years including a grace year. To encourage women, the programme has special quota of Rs25bn.
- Citizens holding CNIC, aged between 21 and 45 years can apply from designated branches mapped with area of residence/business.
- For IT/E-commerce related businesses, applicants as young as 18 years of age are eligible.
- 25% of the loans will go to women borrowers.
How to apply
You can apply online through this link: https://www.kamyabjawan.gov.pk/home/yesprogram
No physical application form is required. All applications are to be submitted online.
- You will be given different options for guidance for online application.
- Other than this, you can also visit any branch of one of the above-mentioned banks for guidance and assistance.
- No documents are required at the time of online form submission.
- by clicking on the button of “Apply online for Loan”, you will be taken to the form.
- Enter mandatory information in all sections. Enter exact information, otherwise, your application will not be submitted.
- After submitting the application, the branch of your selected bank located near you will be automatically selected and an SMS will be delivered to your provided mobile phone number with confirmation and bank details.
Imtiaz Arshad is the founder of Glisten Pakistan. He has over 6 years of experience in blog writing and content management in the technology sector.