Applying for a licence in Pakistan is always felt difficult for many individuals. Things got much easier and relaxing now with the ease of an online application system for the issuance of driving license.
Pakistan Information Technology Board (PITB) created online Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS) where you can apply for a drivers license, the process has been spread out to 36 districts.
Application procedure for Driving License:
- Open the DLIMS Website.
- Navigate to downloads section in Main Menu and download the required form.
- Fill-out your form
- Submit your application form along with required documents to the nearest licensing center.
- Pass the initial theoretical test after a licensing period of 42 days.
- Take the driving test.
Documents required for renewal of driving license:
If you want to renew your license, you need not give the theoretical and Driving test, all you need is to submit the required documents to the licensing center in person (Please keep your original CNIC with you while visiting the licensing center)
- The application form E enclosed in a cover.
- 2 Passport-sized Photos
- 2 copies of your CNIC
- Your original driving license
- Fee ticket as mentioned in License Document
- Medical reports
- Ticket of the relevant license
Blow are the different issuance fees for different vehicles:
Renewal of a license does not cost anything if renewed within a month.
Have something to add to this news? Let us know through your comments below.
Imtiaz Arshad is the founder of Glisten Pakistan. He has over 6 years of experience in blog writing and content management in the technology sector.